[Pw_forum] big difference between "total magnetization" and "absolute magnetization" for 4f elements

琨陶 taokun76 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 16:33:44 CET 2013

Thank you for your suggestions. When I set two atoms in the unit cell
to be antiferromagnetic, the "total magnetization" is nearly zero, and
the "absolute magnetization" is about 14.67. And the magnetic moment
for two atoms are about 7.16 and -7.18, which is more or less
acceptable.

Now, the question is that why "total magnetization" and "absolute
magnetization" differs so much if I want to force two atoms into a
ferromagnetic configuration.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

With regards,
Kun Tao