[Pw_forum] imaginary phonon frequency for different degauss

Duy Le ttduyle at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 17:00:05 CEST 2013

Without info. about smearing method, it is hard to tell. Some methods
may give you incorrect forces, resulting in incorrect phonon.
degauss and k-point mesh should be well tested TOGETHER.

Check out the following:
http://caribeictp.uis.edu.co/lectures/R.Gebauer/Gebauer_Course2_KpointsMetals.pdf

Duy Le
Postdoctoral Associate