[Pw_forum] STM code questions

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Mon Jun 17 11:06:31 CEST 2013

On Sat, 2013-06-15 at 17:11 -0700, David Pullman wrote:

> 1)  The wavefunction (psic) is stored in a 1-D
> array.  After psic has been transformed to real
> space, does the index run over a, then b, then c
> (a,b,c are the lattice vectors)?

the format of the real-space arrays is explained here:
http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wp-content/uploads/Doc/developer_man/developer_man.html#SECTION00070000000000000000

> 2)  There’s a comment at the beginning of
> stm.f90, “It may not properly work if the slab
> has two symmetric surfaces.”  Why would symmetric
> surfaces present a problem?

the only reason I can think of is the symmetrization.
If you have two symmetric surfaces, you have symmetry
operations that send one of surfaces into the other.

P.
--
 Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
 Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222