[Pw_forum] change of crystal symmetry during vc-relax calculations with pressure

saqib javed sqbjd at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 14 11:13:49 CEST 2013

Dear Paolo,

Thanks a lot for a prompt reply. I am bit confused since i started with tetragonal structure (ibrav=6) so i would have imagined that a=b would have been enforced by the code in case symmetry is conserved during optimization ...
but just to understand the answer fully, you are saying that these results don't represent physical pressure-induced tetragonal to orthorhombic transition but just a numerical artificat ?

I will really appreciate a clarification..

cheers,
Saqib Javaid
NCP, Pakistan.