[Pw_forum] write access problem during MPI run on the server

Denis Davydov davydden at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 13:27:15 CEST 2013

Dear all,

I experience a strange problem while running pw.x on our server.
I connect to it via: ssh -X -p 1234 user at server

I definitely have write access to a folder where i compile QE.
However, when i run it i get:

     task #         0
     from diropn : error #        10
     error opening /path/to/qe_in.wfc1

I set "export ESPRESSO_TMPDIR=…" to be sure that pw
should write to a proper folder. But it still fails.

Here's a terminal output, i'm not sure what is meant by "relevant network interfaces",
but this is what probably causes the problem.

WARNING: Failed to open "ofa-v2-mlx4_0-1" [DAT_PROVIDER_NOT_FOUND:DAT_NAME_NOT_REGISTERED].
This may be a real error or it may be an invalid entry in the uDAPL
Registry which is contained in the dat.conf file. Contact your local
System Administrator to confirm the availability of the interfaces in
the dat.conf file.
[[40281,1],0]: A high-performance Open MPI point-to-point messaging module
was unable to find any relevant network interfaces:

Module: uDAPL
  Host: name_of_host

Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in
lower performance.

Anyone knows what's lacking?

Kind regards,
Denis.