[Pw_forum] atomic making a pp for chromium

Ben Palmer benpalmer1983 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 14:44:51 CEST 2013

Hi Giuseppe,

I've tried the Cr.pbe-sp-van.UPF but my bulk modulus calculation is off
by about 25-50%.  I've tried a calculation with no magnetisation set,
nspin=1, and one with a starting magnetisation and nspin=2, but the
results are quite similar.

                                                 lattice
constant/bohr                    bulk modulus/GPa
Exp:                                         5.44
                                          190
No starting magnetisation:   5.37
                                                 257
With starting magnetism:
5.37                                                  257

I might have made a mistake in my input file, but I was hoping for the
results to be different.  Would I need to rethink my input or look for a
new pp?

All the best,

Ben