[Pw_forum] Problem with using pp.x

Franklin Zhan zhanhit at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 3 06:22:07 CEST 2013

Dear All,
I am encountering a problem with using pp.x to post-process charge density files(I want to calculate the charge density difference in CNT-Au system). Please tell me what's wrong with my input files, thanks in advance.
 My input files are  listed as following:
Step 1, do scf calculations:

SWNT-Au.scf.in
&control
    calculation = 'scf'
    prefix= 'SWNT-Au'
    pseudo_dir = '/home/pseudo',
    outdir= 'mypath/SWNT-Au/tmp'
/
&system
/

SWNT.scf.in
&control
    calculation = 'scf'
    prefix= 'SWNT'
    pseudo_dir = '/home/pseudo',
    outdir= 'mypath/SWNT-Au/tmp'
/
&system
/

Au.scf.in
&control
    calculation = 'scf'
    prefix= 'Au'
    pseudo_dir = '/home/pseudo',
    outdir= 'mypath/SWNT-Au/tmp'
/
&system
/

step 2. I calculated the charge density by using following input files(using pp.x):

SWNT-Au.rho.in

&inputpp
    prefix= 'SWNT-Au'
    outdir= 'mypath/SWNT-Au/tmp'
filplot = 'SWNT-Au'
plot_num= 0
spin_component=0
/
&plot
nfile = 1
filepp(1) = 'SWNT-Au'
weight(1) = 1.0
iflag = 3
output_format = 5
fileout = 'SWNT-Au.rho.dat'
/

SWNT.rho.in

&inputpp
    prefix= 'SWNT'
  outdir= 'mypath/SWNT-Au/tmp'
filplot = 'SWNT'
plot_num= 0
spin_component=0
/
&plot
nfile = 1
filepp(1) = 'SWNT'
weight(1) = 1.0
iflag = 3
output_format = 5
fileout = 'SWNT.rho.dat'
/

Au.rho.in

&inputpp
prefix='Au'
outdir= 'mypath/SWNT-Au/tmp'
filplot = 'Au'
plot_num= 0
spin_component=0
/
&plot
nfile = 1
filepp(1) = 'Au'
weight(1) = 1.0
iflag = 3
output_format = 5
fileout = 'Au.rho.dat'
/

step 3. calculate the charge density difference(using pp.x):

SWNT-Au.rho_diff.in
&inputpp

/
&plot
nfile = 3
filepp(1) = 'SWNT-Au.rho.dat'
weight(1) = 1.0
filepp(2)= 'SWNT.rho.dat'
weight(2)= -1
filepp(3)= 'Au.rho.dat'
weight(3)= -1
iflag = 3
output_format = 5
fileout = 'SWNT-Au.rho_diff.dat'
/

All step 1 and step 2 calculations are successful, but I can not obtain the SWNT-Au.rho_diff.dat file in step 3. The information in SWNT-Au.rho_diff.out is:  Reading header from file  SWNT-Au.rho.dat only.

Please give some suggestion.