[Pw_forum] cpmd2upf.x for Norm Conserving pseudopotentials

Ali KACHMAR kachmar_ali at hotmail.fr
Sun Jan 20 12:19:40 CET 2013

Dear Paolo,

Thanks for the reply. I am using another version of cpmd2upf.x which prompts :

/espresso-4.2.1/upftools$ ./cpmd2upf.x
Input file > As_MT_GIA_BLYP.psp
Radial grid r(i) has  168 points
Assuming log radial grid: r(i)=exp[(i-1)*amesh]*r(1), with:
amesh = value read from file =   0.062500
    |    Pseudopotential Report                                |
    |  Atomic Symbol                   :  As                   |
    |  Atomic Number                   :  33                   |
    |  Number of valence states        :   3                   |
    |  Trouiller-Martins normconserving PP                     |
    |  Exchange-Correlation Functional :                       |
    |     Slater exchange :  0.6667                            |
    |     LDA correlation : Lee-Yang-Parr                      |
    |     Exchange GC     : Becke (1988)                       |
    |     Correlation GC  : LYP                                |
    |  Electron Configuration :                                |
    |  As 4s1 4p1.75 4d.25 Rc=1.45 1.65 2.56 MT BLYP           |
    |  USE L=0 AS LOCAL  and LMAX=D                            |
    |  Generated by P. Giannozzi, 25 Nov. 1998                 |
lmax to use. (max. 2) > 2
l local (max. 2) >

I was using the correct LMAX and not the correct local l which is given in the pseudopotential report.

Thanks again,

Ali