[Pw_forum] 5.0.1 "cannot allocate spsi" in cegterg

Filippo Spiga spiga.filippo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 10:54:57 CET 2013

Hi Anton,

On Jan 20, 2013, at 2:26 AM, Антон Литвиненко <tenebrosus.scriptor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mmm... I've checked README.GPU of the last versions and found no mentions of OpenBLAS. Should I check SVN?

You can get QE-GPU-5.0.2-build2.tar.gz from qe-forge ->  http://qe-forge.org/gf/project/q-e/frs/?action=FrsReleaseView&release_id=119

Excluding specific cases, I usually suggest people to do not use the SVN version. There is no guarantee that the code works properly. Only the releases are tested.

> When the system was installed, 4.1 was the last version. Unfortunately, I can't upgrade the system often, because the workstation is physically located in Moscow. But if CUDA version matters, I'll consider an upgrade on my next visit.

CUDA 4.1 is quite old (almost 2 years I think). You should consider to upgrade NVIDIA drivers and the CUDA toolkit (by the way, you can do these operations remotely.. I always do that. At least you have to reboot the machine once)

> Do You mean "restart_mode" and "startingwfc" fields?

I think in the QE user guide this procedure is well explained.

Cheers,
Filippo

--
Mr. Filippo SPIGA, M.Sc.
http://filippospiga.me ~ skype: filippo.spiga

«Nobody will drive us out of Cantor's paradise.» ~ David Hilbert