[Pw_forum] 5.0.1 "cannot allocate spsi" in cegterg

Filippo Spiga spiga.filippo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 15:35:23 CET 2013

Dear Anton,

On Jan 19, 2013, at 3:05 PM, Антон Литвиненко <tenebrosus.scriptor at gmail.com> wrote:
>      *******************************************************************
>
>        GPU-accelerated Quantum ESPRESSO (v 5.0, build 8)
>
>        parallel      : yes (GPUs per node = 1, GPUs per process = 1)
>        pinned memory : no
>        MAGMA         : yes
>        USE_3D_FFT    : no

I suggest to compile with "--disable-parallel" and avoid to use mpirun if you plan to run in serial.

Speaking about the memory, PaoloG already posted good suggestions to reduce the memory footprint of the application. Only one thing: CG is not GPU accelerated (yet).

Cheers,
Filippo

--
Mr. Filippo SPIGA, M.Sc.
http://filippospiga.me ~ skype: filippo.spiga

«Nobody will drive us out of Cantor's paradise.» ~ David Hilbert