[Pw_forum] About HSE calculations

Layla Martin-Samos lmartinsamos at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 10:18:04 CET 2013

Dear Marcos, as a complement of information. First of all what is
currently used within the HSE framework is HSE06. Please take a look
at Scurseria papers. For the pseudo to use, we have done some
"benchmark" calculations and it seems that it is not particularly
relevant for energy differences, when the semi-core is not important.
That means that if you make an hybrid calculation and for the
respective LAD or GGA you would have use non-linear core corrections,
in the case of the hybrid calclation, you should use a pseudo with the
semmicore.

cheers

Layla