[Pw_forum] Orienting Nickel 111-P(3x3) slab surface

Elliot Menkah elliotsmenkah at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 30 17:28:39 CET 2013

Dear Apsi,

I might be getting the description wrong but what I want to do is to
place an adsorbate(Carbon monoxide) on the surface and run a calculation
to get the energy involved.

And the literature I have seen, which is guiding me, has the crystal
cell looking perfectly like a well-oriented-vertical-standing cell (I do
hope you understand).

I have attached a png file of the surface i have.

But do I need to do something about the way a cell looks before I place
adsorbates on a surface to run calculations on them please.

Literature: Density functional theory study of the effect of alloying
additions on sulfur adsorption on nickel surfaces.
Authors : Oleksaandr I. Malyi, Ping Wu
Applied Science 264(2013) 320-328

Thank you,

Happy Holidays,