[Pw_forum] Anomalously low Born effective charges

Abhishek Mishra mishralu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 15:11:50 CET 2013

Dear All,
I am working on a compound in which few atoms have Born effective
charge(BEC) values anomalously *smaller*. I know that Anomalously large
Born dynamical charges in perovskite oxides are known to be indicators of
their tendency to turn polar through cation off-centering. I wonder that is
their any  interpretation if the BECs are anomalously *smaller* and not
larger than the ionic expectation. How should one understand that behavior?

Many Thanks in Advance,
Best regards,

Abhishek Mishra
TSU, JNCASR, Bangalore