[Pw_forum] vdW+PBE0

DELLACA' Valentina (CRF) valentina.dellaca at crf.it
Thu Dec 12 16:22:15 CET 2013

Dear Quantum Espresso users,
We are modeling a system which needs the hybrid functional approach to be correctly simulated. Next, we need to compute the Oxygen chemical potential, and it has to be compared with the energy of the system. It is a fact that van der Waals interactions are not negligible when modeling molecular Oxygen.  In order to have comparable quantities, we are wondering if it is possible to use in Quantum Espresso a mixture of van der Waals and PBE0 to model the Oxygen molecule.
Thanks,
Valentina

Valentina Dellacà
Group Materials Labs
PA&CT - Virtual Analysis & Materials Modelling

Centro Ricerche Fiat S.C.p.A.
Sede legale e amministrativa: Strada Torino, 50
10043 Orbassano (TO), Italia
Tel  +39 011 9083138
Fax +39 011 9083666

www.crf.it<http://www.crf.it>