[Pw_forum] Difference between "bands" and "nscf" calculations

Reza Behjatmanesh-Ardakani reza_b_m_a at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 11 15:53:51 CET 2013

Hi
I think (but I am not sure) that these keywords (bands and nscf) are only inputs by which
appropriate subroutines are called. You can follow the codes and see the difference
between these two subroutines. The code's writers have inserted DOS calculations
in somewhere in the program and call it in the main program or other subroutine with the name "nscf".
It is not importrant, I think.

With the Best Regards

Reza Behjatmanesh-Ardakani
Associate Professor of Physical Chemistry
Address:
Department of Chemistry,
School of Science,
Payame Noor University (PNU),