[Pw_forum] PW relax cannot move atoms

Reza Behjatmanesh-Ardakani reza_b_m_a at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 10 07:56:18 CET 2013

Hi
I propose to fix only 3 or 4 first layers and permit another layers to be optimized. When you change the first layer's positions manually, you force the atoms to pass the potential barrier. I think the code's algorithms (such as another codes) can raise small value to the potential, and if the potential barrier is high, it can not change the atoms very high to pass it. It finds only local minimum around it.

With the Best Regards

Reza Behjatmanesh-Ardakani
Associate Professor of Physical Chemistry
Address:
Department of Chemistry,
School of Science,
Payame Noor University (PNU),