[Pw_forum] d3.x on various q-points

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr
Tue Apr 9 13:55:40 CEST 2013

On 04/09/2013 10:56 AM, Hugo LEVARD wrote:

> Thank you for you quick answer.
>
> I enclose the file, that is the exact file provided in the downloaded
> package to run the example (14 in versin 4.2.1), with only a small
> modification.
> Indeed, as you will see, I just substitute the X-points coordinates by
> some other coordinates, for the d3.x (line 199) and the phonon
> calculation (line 181).
> Or perhaps

Thank you for reporting,
there was indeed a bug triggered when the crystal has symmetry but the
small group of the q-point has no symmetry. You can replace
PHonon/D3/d3_setup.f90 with the version I've just uploaded to the SVN:
<http://qe-forge.org/gf/project/q-e/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2F%2Acheckout%2A%2Ftrunk%2Fespresso%2FPHonon%2FD3%2Fd3_setup.f90&revision=10127
<http://qe-forge.org/gf/project/q-e/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2F%2Acheckout%2A%2Ftrunk%2Fespresso%2FPHonon%2FD3%2Fd3_setup.f90&revision=10127>>
and recompile the D3 code to fix the problem.

bests

--
Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto
IdR @ IMPMC -- CNRS & Université Paris 6