[Pw_forum] NMR calculation of CDCl3

Davide Ceresoli davide.ceresoli at istm.cnr.it
Sat Sep 22 10:32:52 CEST 2012

Dear Prasenjit,
     as far you are considering a frozen geometry, there is no
difference between H and D. Only zero point motion will be
affected. Deuterium NMR is exactly the same as H NMR, except
that experimentally the D signal is weak, noisy and broad. In
practice, D substitution is used to suppress selected H resonances.

Best wishes,
     Davide