[Pw_forum] Phonon omega or nu? Factors of 2pi

Johannes Moeller j.moeller1 at physics.ox.ac.uk
Fri Sep 21 16:21:06 CEST 2012

Thanks very much for your reply Saurabh,

That's what I thought as well, though if the "omega" output by Espresso is a linear frequency it should be

Energy = h (energy-s) * nu (/s)

rather than hbar. This is not what I would naturally do if I was a given a number "omega". So if this indeed is correct, I think the naming of the phonon output frequency should be revised.

Best wishes,
Johannes