[Pw_forum] PW91 bug in QE 4.3.2

Derek Stewart stewart at cnf.cornell.edu
Thu Sep 20 16:15:36 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

I was reading through the items fixed in the new version of Quantum
Espresso (5.0.x) and I came across the following line for the PW91 bug.

    * VERY NASTY bug: exchange-correlation keyword 'PW91' was
incorrectly interpreted (PZ LDA instead of PW) in all 4.3.x versions

I assume this hasn't been corrected in the 4.3.x versions that are
available on the web.  Also, is there anything in the output file that
gives us a clue that this error occurs (other than doing a direct
comparison with version 5).  It looks like the output file just prints
the pseudopotential details read in from the pseudopotential file.

Thanks,

Derek

--
Derek Stewart, Ph. D.