[Pw_forum] pbe with norm conserving pp convergence problem

Jia Chen jiachenchem at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 23:17:34 CEST 2012

Dear Peng,

For AFM case, you can set tot_magentization = 0, for FM case, you need
to know tot_magnetization from experiments or previous calculations.
Or you can use the int(absolute magnetization) from you AFM
calculations.

Trying to converge total energy with respect to wave function cutoff
is usually not a good idea. If you just want to choose a good cutoff
energy for calculations, first thing you can do is to look into those
pseudopotentials you are using. If you can find recommended cutoffs,
you probably can just use the highest cutoffs in your system.

Bests
Jia

Jia Chen
webpage: www.princeton.edu/~jiachen