[Pw_forum] pbe with norm conserving pp convergence problem

Peng Chen pchen at ion.chem.utk.edu
Mon Sep 10 16:35:39 CEST 2012

Dear All,

I tried to calculate an insulator Ni3V2O3 using pbe norm conserving pp from
pslibrary. But the energy related with ecutwfc is not converged. It
reaches minimum at ecutwfc=80 Ry. But when I fix ecutrho=320 Ry and
increase  ecutwfc, it starts to decrease monotonically. I am not sure if
the system reaches the convergence at ecutwfc=80 Ry.
(smearing=mv, Degauss=0.01 Ry and kpoints = 4 4 3)

ecutrho=4*ecutwfc
ecutwfc     energy            total force
30 -1086.672528 1.335253
40 -1119.972723 0.690327
50 -1129.973333 0.690484
60 -1134.622157 0.640747