[Pw_forum] Primitive unitcell

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Tue Oct 30 23:51:01 CET 2012

The primitive unit cell is the one that contain the minimum number of atoms
so it is more computationally convenient from the computational point of
view.
you can use the conventional one but it will contain more atoms.

the definition of the cell is described in the INPUT_PW.html file when
discussing
ibrav and celldm variables.

ok but the P in Pnma(62) means primitive... isn't it ?

stefano