[Pw_forum] Phonon DOS per polarization

Bo Qiu 200210qb at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 07:55:19 CEST 2012

Dear Dr. Paulatto,

Thanks a lot for the explanations! I'm actually writing a small code to
order phonon bands based on eigenvector continuities on a 3d grid. Thanks
for pointing out there is already such option in matdyn.x, I'll definitely
check it out. I have finished a preliminary test for my code on Al for a
band crossing along Gamma-K direction -- it seems to be well captured,
but band orderings are wrong at some random point where there is actually
no band crossing. I'll try to figure it out and also referring to the
matdyn.f90 to see what else I can do.
On the other hand, I think for electronic band structures one will have the
same problem with band ordering -- though most of time people are only
interested about those very few bands near Fermi level. I wonder in the
case of electronic band structure whether continuity of wavefunction should
be used to deal with band ordering with band crossing? Thanks a lot!

Bo