[Pw_forum] XSpectra hybrid functional

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Wed Oct 24 10:41:15 CEST 2012

Dear Felix

>  Did you also try XANES
> of solid state materials?

I don't.

> it was not possible to do XANES with hybrid functionals at that
> time

It is possible indeed, in the sense that the XSPECTRA code does not stop complaining if you perform
the calculation starting from an electronic density calculated by using hybrid functionals (or
DFT+U). But the XSPECTRA code has not a calculation kernel including EXX terms, as just pointed out
by Matteo Calandra. Thus:

1) if you have good reasons to perform hybrid scf calculations you may also try to perform XSPECTRA
calculations on the top.

2) check the results, as usual...

3) do not reply to the forum digest... I've seen your message only by chance!

HTH

Giuseppe

On Tuesday 23 October 2012 23:10:35 Matteo Calandra wrote:
> >Dear All,
> >
> >                I am interested in using XSpectra in QE to do some hybrid
> >
> >functional XANES calculations. Some hybrid functionals such as B3LYP, HSE,
> >and PBE0 have been implemented in QE and I am wondering if these
> >functionals can be used to do XANES calculations? Thanks.
>
> Currently hybrid funtionals are not implemented. I planned to do it as soon
> as I have time (and I do not have a lot of time, unfortunately).
>
> M.

- Article premier - Les hommes naissent et demeurent
libres et ègaux en droits. Les distinctions sociales
ne peuvent être fondèes que sur l'utilitè commune
- Article 2 - Le but de toute association politique
est la conservation des droits naturels et
imprescriptibles de l'homme. Ces droits sont la libertè,
la propriètè, la sùretè et la rèsistance à l'oppression.

   Giuseppe Mattioli
   v. Salaria Km 29,300 - C.P. 10
   I 00015 - Monterotondo Stazione (RM)
   Tel + 39 06 90672836 - Fax +39 06 90672316