[Pw_forum] Questions regarding the K-points for an SCF calculation includes two different crystal structure

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Wed Oct 24 08:39:05 CEST 2012

The very concept if "k-point sampling" applies to periodic systems. Interfaces, by definition, break translational invariance. If you want to study them with periodic models (only choice with QE) you have to build such a model first, i.e. you have to define a suitable supercell. SB - SISSA

--
Stefano Baroni, Trieste -- swift message written and sent on the go