[Pw_forum] Minor bug in matdyn.x

Derek Stewart stewart at cnf.cornell.edu
Wed Oct 10 16:21:20 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

I wanted to report a very small bug in matdyn that I came across earlier
this week.  It looks like matdyn will only add in the LO-TO splitting to
the Gamma point if you specify the Gamma point as q=0,0,0.  If you use
an equivalent form of the Gamma point, say q=1,1,1, the LO-TO splitting
is not included.  I ran into this issue while doing some phonon
dispersion calculations for cubic boron nitride.  For the Gamma-X high
symmetry line, I used a non-traditional q-path going from [1,1,1] to
[1,1,0] and noticed the LO-TO splitting was missing at the Gamma point
there, but was included for the Gamma point q=0,0,0 later on in the
phonon dispersion.

Best regards,

Derek

--