[Pw_forum] Units of Charge Density Surfaces Prepared by pp.x as xsf Input to XCrySDen

Andrei Malashevich andrei.malashevich at yale.edu
Wed Oct 3 03:49:13 CEST 2012

Paul,

The units are (a.u.)^-3. If you sum up all the values on the
real-space grid and multiply by the volume element dV in atomic units
you should get the number of electrons in the unit cell. (dV =
V/Nx/Ny/Nz, where V is the unit cell volume, Nx, Ny, Nz are dimensions
of the real-space grid).

Best regards,
Andrei