[Pw_forum] parallel phonon calculation on distributed memory machines

Steve Schmerler elcortogm at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 10 15:01:39 CEST 2012

Hello

I vaguely remember to have read on this list that as of some QE version
(I think 4.3.x) MPI-parellel phonon calculations on distributed memory
machines are no longer supported. I did not find anything in the Phonon
code's user guide or the release notes. Anyway, I have a some input
which runs with 4.2.1, but not with 4.3.2. Havent tested 5.0.1 yet. So
what's the situation? Is it now generally recomended to split q-points
(and irreps) and run each on a SMP machine? Thank you.

best,
Steve

--
Steve Schmerler