[Pw_forum] ele phonon coupling at the gamma point

Elie M elie.moujaes at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Oct 2 20:17:57 CEST 2012

> There are several gazillions of papers dealing with electron-phonon
> coefficients in graphene.
I was not clear enough: Sorry my fault. My concern is not graphene. I have already done calculations for graphene long time ago with 20 phonon wave vectors and got reasonable results comparable to those found in the literature (~ 0.02 which are obviously different from the ones below found when only the Gamma point is involved).  My project involves around 40 atoms in the supercell and since phonon calculations over the whole dispersion range is really computationally expensive, I am only doing them at the Gamma point and I want to know how efficient are such calculations, hence why I decided to repeat the calculations for graphene at only the Gamma point for comparison purposes.
>As far as I know, option electron_phonon='simple'
> should work for a single phonon wave-vector.
Thanks. i will try to repeat the calculations at Gamma using this option.
Elie