[Pw_forum] Frequency Dependent Dielectric Function (Layla Martin-Samos)

Eduardo Ariel Menendez Proupin eariel99 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 12:51:30 CET 2012

Hi,
Probably you will want to apply a shift to obtain a correct bandgap. If you
want to do it with the option shit=..., first read
PRB 48, 11789 (1993).
epsilon.x has implemented what is called "naive scissors correction".
The correction is easy to implement, and I have a working one for version
4.3. Sooner or later it will get to the distribution, (if I am not wrong).

Use LDA, as in the PRB article,  and I think also semilocal GGA functionals
are fine. Do not use a hybrid functional.

--

Eduardo Menendez Proupin
Departamento de Química Fisica Aplicada