[Pw_forum] QE-GPU-5.0.2 (build1) is ready for download

Ivan Girotto igirotto at ictp.it
Tue Nov 27 15:20:11 CET 2012

Dear Yue-Wen,

On 27/11/2012 13:38, Yue-Wen Fang wrote:
> Does it supply us a prominent acceleration in pw.x, ph.x and so on?
As Filippo has recently reported ph.x is still not supported. It might
take advantage of the linear algebra libraries for GPU we have
implemented for pw.x but we have still no record of people that have
experienced on it.
PW version for GPU can be considered a stable version. "Prominent
acceleration" is a relative concept. It's definitely worth using it
where NVIDIA GPUs (with a decent peak of double-precision) are available.

For further question/discussion related to GPU please refer to
q-e-gpgpu at qe-forge.org.

Regards,

Ivan