[Pw_forum] ecutvcut in Hybrid functionals

Leonardo Matheus leommj at usp.br
Thu Nov 22 23:07:46 CET 2012

HSE is "a PBE0 with a cutoff". I don't know if it has been fixed, but some
time ago ecutvcut interfered with that cutoff, making HSE behave just as
PBE0 (i.e., when ecutvcut was on, calculations done with HSE and PBE0 gave
the same results).
Maybe that's why in the examples with HSE was used ecutvcut=0.0. I just
don't know if this is still happening, or if the bug was fixed and just the
example that wasn't updated.

Leonardo Jorge
PhD Student at USP - Brazil
Nanomol Group