[Pw_forum] question about electric field

Mohsen Modaresi modaresi.mohsen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 19:31:53 CET 2012

Hi,
I think you apply the external field perpendicular to the surface. In this
position the voltage difference between both side of nano structure is
small. As a result the Hamiltonian of surface does not change very much and
you do not observe any difference.
If you want to study the presence of external electric field i suggest that
use a vertical field.

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 8:43 AM, mashiat alaaii <mashiatalaaii at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear all,
> I am trying to understand the effect of electric field on the slab that I
> prepared.
> I expected to see a difference (at least a shift) in planar average of
> wave function in the direction of the field after applying the field.
> I applied field with several strengths to a Si/SiO2 slab with  168 Si and
> 144 O atoms, and compared the planar averafege of wave function in the same
> direction of field before and after applying field. Even when the field is
> so strong (eamp = 0.01), the results are just the same.
> I was wondering whether anybody could help me in interpreting the results.
> I really appreciate your help.
> M Alaaii

Mohsen Modarresi,
PhD student of Solid State Physics, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran.
Phone +98-9133452131