[Pw_forum] Tc

Swetarekha Ram swetarekharam at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 11:17:36 CET 2012

Dear users,
I am doing electron-phonon calculation to calculate the  Tc.

I could able to do the calculation and get the Tc values from the out
put lambda.out.
But my doubt is

 we have two file one is lambda and the other is the lambda.out.
In the two file I have two different values of the lambda.

I am using the degauss value=0.04
for this particular degauss values I have lambda = 0.7588 in the
lambda file and 0.82735 in the lambda.out file.
Which value I should take to calculate the Tc ???

 And in the lambda.out file I got the Tc =5.1 K

And I am having the omegalog=101.768 K

I have checked the Allen-Dynes formula in lambda.f90 in the code.

Tc = omegalog(i)/1.2*exp(-1.04*(1+x)/(x-mustar*(1+0.62*x)))

But here the factor h-bar and the boltzmann constant factor is not there.
By considering the lambda =  0.82735, I could able to get the Tc from
the above formula.
But what about the   h-bar and the boltzmann constant ???

So, I just want to clarify the doubt.

--
Swetarekha Ram,
Research Scholar,