[Pw_forum] Calculation of lattic constants and bulk modulus od w-ZnO

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Sun May 13 12:16:03 CEST 2012

Dear Zavar,

both your approach and the one suggested by Mohnish are good -
vc_relax is more straightforward, but the one you have chosen
requires you to think a bit more about the problem (and it's good
for that). While you are learning, try both, and see if they give you
the same results.

As a side notice, you typically need a larger cutoffo to converge well
the stress tensor, used by vc_relax - hence your approach of minimizing
the energy can be more accurate, at usual cutoffs.

			nicola