[Pw_forum] HSE&PBE0 problem

Layla Martin-Samos lmartinsamos at gmail.com
Mon May 7 12:57:23 CEST 2012

Dear mourad, in principle the exact exchange term is longer ranged than
traditional DFT functionals. In any case you should converge your
calculations with respect to the system size (or the kpoints and nqx1, nqx2
and nqx3 points). In the particular case of HSE, the screening parameter
assumes a decay within the supercell (fixed from input). If the supercell
is no big enough you could see strong oscillations with respect to the cell
dimension for small cells. Look at the bibliography for more information.

best regards

Layla