[Pw_forum] Fortran compilation error

Elie M elie.moujaes at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Mar 22 15:03:05 CET 2012

Thank you all for your help. Problem sorted.
Elie

Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 11:13:21 +0100
Subject: Re: [Pw_forum] Fortran compilation error
From: abdeslam.houari at gmail.com
To: elie.moujaes at hotmail.co.uk
CC: pw_forum at pwscf.org

Dear Elie;
As said by Axel, you must have a 90(95)-FORTRAN compiler installed in your machine to configure and install any (the most of) ab initio code. The configure script tells you that !! However, even though you one FORTRAN compiler installed, you may still encounter the error message "Fortran compiler cannot create executables". In this case, try to modify the configure script in QE/install sub-directory by the specifying the right one somewhere in the file.

Good luckBest regards
Department of physics, Theoretical Physics LaboratoryUniversity of Bejaia-06000. Algeria.
E-mail: abdeslam.houari at univ-bejaia.dz & habdeslam at gmail.com
https://sites.google.com/site/houariabdeslam/homepage===============================================