[Pw_forum] Fortran compilation error

Elie M elie.moujaes at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Mar 22 03:36:36 CET 2012

Dear all,
Maybe this is a very basic question and might have been asked several times. I am installing QE on yet another server and when I try to configure using ./configure I get the following error:
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuchecking architecture... ia32checking for ifort... nochecking for pgf90... nochecking for pathf95... nochecking for sunf95... nochecking for openf95... nochecking for gfortran... nochecking for g95... nochecking for f90... nochecking for Fortran compiler default output file name...configure: error: Fortran compiler cannot create executablesSee `config.log' for more details.

Obviously QE cannot find any of the fortran compilers. I have got gcc but i tried to use options with configure such as ./configure CC=gcc but in vain..I also looked at the config.log file. which is attached to this e-mail but still could not find what is wrong. Any help or guidance is highly appreciated.
Elie MoukaesUNiversity of NottsNG7 2RDuk