[Pw_forum] problem with neb calculations / openmpi

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Mon Mar 19 19:00:28 CET 2012

On Mon, 2012-03-19 at 11:12 +0100, Torstein Fjermestad wrote:

>  I found in particular the line "from test_input_xml: Empty input file
>  .. stopping" interesting. The program stops because it thinks a file is
>  empty.

most likely, the program stops because the file _is_ empty (or not
there)

Is the input file on a file system that is visible from each
processor? I don't remember exactly how NEB reads data now,
but it might assume that the input file is readable by all
processors.

P.

--
Paolo Giannozzi, IOM-Democritos and University of Udine, Italy