[Pw_forum] surface embedding method to simulate semi-infinite system

Peter Wang yunpengwang at live.com
Thu Mar 1 16:39:33 CET 2012

Hi PW developers and users:

Recently I found the “surface embedding method” propused by Inglesfield and Ishida is interesting and maybe powerful. In this method, surfaces are simulated by infinite system instead of slabs with finite number of layers. I found that this method seems to be implemented in LAPW basis. My question is has this method been implemented by PWSCF? Or is there any other free software implementing this method?

best wishes,
Yun-Peng