[Pw_forum] Finite Temperature Schr?dinger Equation.

Nicki Frank Hinsche nicvok at freenet.de
Sun Jun 3 10:36:04 CEST 2012

Dear Hongsheng Zhao,

I don't think that the quoted paper is reliable. Inclusion of
temperature effects into DFT is still
a present issue and undergoes heavy research. However, some really
good publications are:

- N. D. Mermin, Phys. Rev. 137, A1441 (1965)
- Helmut Eschrig, Phys. Rev. B 82, 205120 (2010), (see also Physics
Viewpoint http://physics.aps.org/articles/v3/99)
- Pittalis et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 163001 (2011)

A possible workaround would be the usage of ab-initio molecular
dynamics or the the explicit
inclusion of phonons/electron-phonon-coupling and Boltzmann transport.

bests NFH

Nicki Frank Hinsche, Dipl. Phys.
Institute of physics - Theoretical physics,
Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg,
Von-Seckendorff-Platz 1, Room 0.20
D-06120 Halle/Saale, Germany
Tel.: ++49 345 5525434
nicki.hinsche at physik.uni-halle.de
Fellow of the International Max Planck Re-
search School-MPI for Microstructure Physics