[Pw_forum] Error while compiling Quantum Espresso

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr
Sat Jul 28 17:01:56 CEST 2012

On 28 July 2012 15:09, zafar rasheed <zafartariq2003 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear all
> we are trying to install Quantum Espresoo-4.1.3 on Solaris 10 (Sun sparc).
> But it gives follwing error during when we try to configure it..
>
> "Configure : error linking to fortran libraries from c fails."
> and stops.
> will any body help to configure it.

Dear Zafar,
this is a probaby a problem with Solaris, more than QE, but someone may
still be able to help if you provide at the very list a copy of your
make.sys file (please zip it, dear mail admins blocks .sys files...).
Anyway, why are you using such an old version of QE? Version 5.0.1 is out
by now, and can be downloaded for free, as always.
--
Lorenzo Paulatto IdR @ IMPMC/CNRS & Université Paris 6
phone: +33 (0)1 44275 084 / skype: paulatz