[Pw_forum] how to calculate and plot HOMO or LUMO isosurface

Franklin Zhan zhanhit at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 25 18:12:27 CEST 2012

Dear All,
I am still not very clear about the kband setting for larger system calculation.
If I use 3X3X2 supercell to calculate VBM or CBM of ZnO:H(H substitues one O site) and plot their isosurface using Xcrysden, in this system,  electron number(ne) is 643, the k_points is 12, and the nspin value should be 2, so set kband=ne/2+1 and kband=ne/2-1 for pp.x input files? besides, How does kpoint be set for pp.x input file?

Thanks in advance.

Franklin  Zhan
Ph.D student
School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering,
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.