[Pw_forum] QE installation on standard HPC machines.

Emine Kucukbenli kucukben at sissa.it
Wed Jul 25 16:15:48 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I have decided to gather working make.sys files, configurations for
all the standard HPC machines that are commonly used by the community.

My purpose is to build a reference database for installation
procedures; organize wrt machine/compiler/version/configure options
and then share it; to make life easier for all; users, mailing list
responders and hpc admins.

There is a similar thing in /install directory but it doesnt seem very
up to date, and i think a division with machine would really be
helpful for starters.

So I would be glad if you can help me construct this reference database
by sending your make.sys and config.log files which you already have;
and further details if necessary, such as the version, list of loaded
modules, test status etc.
I would also like to acknowledge the contributors so that people using
the same machine can have an opportunity to get to know each other.

Ok, some examples from the complete list is going to look like the following:

CINECA_fermi_intel_hybrid_make.sys and CINECA_fermi_intel_hybrid-config.log
CSCS_rosa_pgi_mpionly_make.sys CSCS_rosa_pgi_mpionly_config.log
etc.
just to give an idea.

I have also added my CEA_CURIE make/log files here as an example.(on
CURIE QEv5.0 work out of the box atm, so it is not that useful but
still..)

If you have any questions, or if you think this already exists, or is
unnecessary,or bad for IT security etc, please let me know.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Thanks!

emine kucukbenli
former phd student, sissa, italy
address change to: postdoc, epfl, switzerland.