[Pw_forum] Change Fermi energy in e-ph calculation

Nicki Frank Hinsche nicvok at freenet.de
Mon Jul 16 22:18:59 CEST 2012

Dear all,

is there a possibility to adapt the Fermi energy (obtained by scf) to
a different value for the
calculation of the Eliashberg function without hardcoding "efermig" in
elph.f90?
The information on Ef is stored in the binary file "fildvscf",
therefore cannot be easily manipulated.

The reason for my inquiry is, that I want to enable to calculate the
Eliashberg function for a "doped"
semiconductor in a sense of rigid band shift. As Ef lies in or at the
band gap for an undoped semiconductor,
the calculation of the Eliashberg function would make no sense there.

thanks a lot in advance,

Nicki

Nicki Frank Hinsche, Dipl. Phys.
Institute of physics - Theoretical physics,
Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg,
Von-Seckendorff-Platz 1, Room 0.20
D-06120 Halle/Saale, Germany
Tel.: ++49 345 5525434
Fellow of the International Max Planck Re-
search School-MPI for Microstructure Physics