[Pw_forum] little 'bug' in bands_FS

Cristian Degli Esposti Boschi degliesposti at bo.imm.cnr.it
Wed Jul 11 11:39:10 CEST 2012

Dear developers,

I have just noticed a little 'bug' in the code bands_FS for Fermi
surfaces visualisation, in the sense that it was probably written
and tested to read correctly the usual (text) file coming out from
previous bands/nscf calculations with pw.x.

But if the bands/nscf calculation is performed with the option of *high
verbosity*, then in the output file there appear occupation numbers
just after the list of Kohn-Sham energies for a given wavevector
and the number of desired bands.

As a result in this case (i.e. high verbosity) the file is not read
correctly from bands_FS.x and one gets a read error.

I guess that the solution would be either (i) to rembember to exclude
verbose output in the preliminar bands/nscf calculation or (ii) add a
little control within bands_FS in order to skip the occupation numbers
lines while reading the energies from the file.

Thanks for your time
--
Cristian Degli Esposti Boschi
CNR-IMM, Sezione di Bologna,