[Pw_forum] Convergence issues with Bulk Magnesium

Giovani Faccin faccin.giovani at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 22:15:04 CEST 2012

Hi Meenakshi,

Perhaps it's not converging because some other parameter's error is larger
than the wfc one. To check it out, you could try this:

ecutwfc=50;  ecutrho=500    (which are not very high neither very low)

and now check the convergence with respect to:
a) degauss value;
b) k-points
c) number of bands (try with bands = 40 once just to be sure).

That said, one thing that is not clear to me: when you built that table,
you have changed the value of ecutwfc. But for each ecutwfc, did you
recalculate the ecutrho so that ecutrho = 8-12 * ecutwfc on each
calculation?

Regards,

Giovani Faccin
UFMS / Brazil