[Pw_forum] phonon life time

Tribhuwan Pandey tribhuwan.physics at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 05:14:45 CET 2012

Dear Professor Baroni

Sorry if my question is so trivial.
I think Reciprocal space is Fourier transform of the real space so as theIFCs.
When we calculate Harmonic IFCs there is  a command called q2r.x which converts reciprocal space IFCs to real space by taking Fourier Transform .
But in the case of harmonic IFCs this is not the case. For my work i need an-harmonic IFCs  in real space that whys i wanted to know whether Quantum espresso calculates those in real space or reciprocal space.

Thanks a lot for your response

Regards
Tribhuwan