[Pw_forum] Dynamic polarizability of C60

anne etindele annetindele at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 17 17:23:52 CET 2012

Dear all

I am a new user of Quantum espresso (espresso-4.3.1), and I have found that it is possible,

as it is done in example 33, to calculate dynamic polarizability of molecules using pw.x

and ph.x.

I am interested on the description of properties of C60 complex. I tried to modify the script of example 33
in order to get its dynamic polarizability but I couldn't even run self consistent calculation as the code signals "MPI abort..".

I would like to know if:

	* it is possible to get dynamic polarizability or photoionization cross section of C60 using this method or with any other code
	* it can run on normal desktop or laptop (Dual Core CPU with 4GB of RAM and 2.8 GHz) of frequency?

	* there is an input file of C60 available in case if my in put file may be the problem

The sample in put file I modified and used is joined to this mail.

Kind regards

Anne J. ETINDELE
PhD Student
Laboratoire de Physique Fondamentale